Thursday, August 2, 2012

Meghan and Ivy

These two special girls have a very important place in my heart.  I have known Meghan since we were teenagers and we have been kindred spirits ever since.  She came to my school all punked out in a black leather jacket and her pet rat (that's right...rat!)  And I was instantly drawn to her.  She was different from just about everyone I knew back then.  Oh the stories I could tell you!  We have had some pretty amazing experiences together Meghan and I.
Four years ago Meghan gave birth to Ivy Rose.  A child that fills every room she enters with light and an incredible energy.  In June Ivy was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma in her fibula and femur.  It is a rare cancer that is even rarer in children as young as Ivy.  It is going to be a long and difficult road ahead and I want to do everything I can to support them.  My friend Cat and  I have started a fundraiser at www.helpivyrose.blogspot.ca  Please check it out and help if you can.
The picture above was taken a few days ago.  They decided to shave their hair off  together.  Meghan jokes about how she looks but I think she and Ivy look beautiful.  I can't wait to see them in September and smother them with hugs and kisses.

2 comments:

  1. just discovered your lovely blog. i have a lump in my throat and am saying a prayer for ivy. what an incredible mother your friend meghan is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. No one ever comments on this blog really so I just discovered this today :) thank you for your kind words and yes she is an incredible mother. I'm going to go visit her in two days and I can't wait.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails